Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship
This Scholarship was established in 1998 by Lilly Endowment Inc. to help raise the level of educational attainment in Indiana. The scholarship covers full tuition for four years and an annual $900 stipend for books and equipment. This process is approved by Independent Colleges of Indiana, which has final approval over recommendations made by a committee of reviewers.
To qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Steuben County resident for three (3) years prior to graduation
- Be a senior who will have graduated by the end of June 2023 with a diploma from a regionally accredited Indiana high school
- Apply for a full-time baccalaureate course of study by June 1, 2023, to begin no later than in the fall of 2023 at a public or private college or university in Indiana accredited by the North Central Association of College and Schools.
Your application will be reviewed based on the following information:
- Leadership & Community Service
- After School Activities & Work Experience
- An essay
- Scholastic Profile
The application process is a three-step process:
- Application and Essay
- Workshop and Impromptu Essay
- Presentation and Interview
- Applications are available online through SCCF’s scholarship portal.
- The application period for 2022-2023 scholarship is August 1, 2022 to September 6, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- All materials, including letters of recommendation and school transcripts, must be submitted online by that date.
- Finalists are notified electronically by the end of September.
- Finalists participate in the impromptu essay and workshop in early October, and the final presentations and interviews take place in mid-October.
- The recipient is notified about their selection in December.
*Of the 5-7 finalists, the applicants who do not receive the Lilly Endowment Scholarship will receive a Circle of Friends Scholarship award.*
SCCF’s Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship committee is comprised of 5 or 6 individuals from Steuben County. These individuals have come from different aspects of the community and accurately represent the community.
Information for Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Recipients
Recipients in School:
If you are currently the recipient of a Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship, you are required to submit a year-end report as well as a book stipend report upon completing the spring semester of each academic year. Failure to complete and submit reports in a timely, accurate fashion is a violation of your scholarship agreement and will delay future scholarship and book stipend payments.
Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Graduate or Alumni:
If you received a Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship and have now graduated from college, you are required to complete a Graduate/Alumni Survey for ten years after graduation. Please check back in the spring for the updated survey.
Questions? Call SCCF at 260-665-6656, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or see your guidance counselor.